The 6th season of Natsume yuujinchou, “Natsume yuujinchou roku” has been completed. If you haven’t watched the previous seasons and wondering whether you should watch it or not because catching up on five season is quite tiresome…well I’d say this show is definitely worth it. How? Let’s see…
First the order in which you should watch it.
- Natsume yuujinchou
- Zoku Natsume yuujinchou
- Natsume yuujinchou san
- Natsume yuujinchou shi
- Natsume yuujinchou go
- Natsume yuujinchou roku
Best things about Natsume Yuujinchou Series:
- The whole series has a peaceful aura which after a tiresome day will make you feel relaxed and contented. The use of pastel colors and the art style create an atmosphere of tranquility that you’ll surely love.
- This series is not addicting. You don’t need to marathon it. Most of the episodes are solo episodes revolving around Natsume’s adventures. Only a few takes two episodes to finish a tale.
- This anime is a beautiful blend of comedy, slice of life with an underlying melancholy tone that’ll touch your heart.
Overall plot summary:
The series revolves around a young 15 years old boy Natsume Takashi, who has high spiritual powers and can see youkai. After the death of his parents Natsume was passed from one relative to another constantly. He was considered a liar and a weirdo in his schools because of his ability. But when the Fujiwara couple takes him in things changes for Natsume. He finds out that his spiritual powers were passed down from his grand mother who also had same powers. Also in the things he has inherited from his grand mother Natsume finds “The book of friends” where Natsume’s grandmother Reiko has taken the names of many youkais she has met and defeated.
And so starts Natsume’s adventure. He starts returning the names his grand mother has taken and slowly learns that not all youkais are not the monsters he had considered them to be.
- Natsume Takashi: Leading character of the series. He is sweet, polite, kind and caring. Physically he is not that strong and mostly depends on Nyanko sensei(his self-proclaimed bodyguard) in grave situations but he has high spiritual energy. With the progress of the series his character has developed considerably. Adding more colors to his personality.
- Nyanko sensei:A powerful youkai whose real name is Madara. For years he was sealed in a maneki neko. Natsume frees him by accident. At first he tries to take the book of friends from Natsume by force but later decides to accompany Natsume and act as his bodyguard in exchange of inheriting the book of friends after Natsume dies.
- Natsume Reiko: Natsume Takashi’s grandmother and the creator of the book of friends. Even if she is not alive in the series, almost every episode tells us about her life and time with the youkai. So, despite being seen in parts of memories of the youkais her character in one of the most important ones in the series.
- Natori Suuichi, Nishimura, Kitamoto, Tanuma,Taki: Natsume’s human friends. Nishimura, Kitamoto, Tanuma and Taki are his schoolmates. Tanuma and Taki have the ability to sense youkai but are nowhere near as powerful as Natsume. Still they try to help out Natsune when ever they can. Natori Suuichi is a famous actor and exorcist. They meet by chance and eventually becomes friends. Later we see them together in a lot of adventures.
- Fujiwara Touko and Fujiwara Shigeru: The childless couple who too Natsume in. They are kind and caring. With they Natsume slowly starts to understand what a true family is.
- Hinoe, Hiiragi,Misuzu and other youkai: Natsume’s youkai friends. They help Natsume when ever they can on their own free will. Hiiragi is Natori’s shiki (like a servant) but she was saved by Natsume so she is very fond of him.
Well at the end it is up to you if you guys like the show or not. But I’ll say give it a try when you are really stressed or exhausted and you’ll understand what I meant when I said it’ll soothe your nerves.