Hello everyone, welcome to Animehound. Today we will be discussing some Mikasa Ackerman facts every Attack of Titan fans should know. So without further delay let’s start.
Top 10 Mikasa Ackerman Facts You Must Know:
The name Mikasa has several significant links in Japanese culture:
- The name Mikasa, literally meaning “three bamboo hats”, which was a unique pre-dreadnought battleship of the Imperial Japanese Navy, and served as a flagship during the Russo-Japanese War. The manga’s author, Hajime Isayama, supposedly named Mikasa after this vessel due to his belief that series’ with female characters named after famous warships would be successful.
- There is a peak called Mount Mikasa in Nara, Japan. An annual festival involves burning the dead grass on the mountain.
- There is also a princely house of Mikasa-no-Miya, a branch of the Imperial family in Japan.
Mikasa’s surname is derived from the German name “Ackermann” meaning “fieldman”.
According to Isayama, if the 104th Training Corps had an arm wrestling competition, Mikasa would win the competition.
- The Red Scarf she wears may be a reference to the red string of fate. Which means an unbreakable connection to someone. Here it probably it refers to her bond with Eren who had given her the scarf.
- According to an interview with Isayama, Mikasa will opt to not wear her scarf if it is too hot outside.
Mikasa is said to be equivalent to 1000 normal soldiers because of her strength, intelligence, and extraordinary combat skills.
You may also like:
- Top 10 Action Anime You must watch before you die.
- Kickass Levi Ackerman Quotes Attack On Titan
- How Does Naruto’s Prosthetic Arm Works?-Explained
- Mikasa Ackerman Quotes Attack On Titan