Common Verizon Issues And Their Fixes
Verizon Wireless problems and other Verizon issues can spoil the fun of your calls, texting, internet services and more. Here, we will show you how you can fix the most common Verizon issues so that you can get back to using your Verizon phone without going to a Verizon store or calling Verizon customer service.
From your phone functionalities to Verizon billing issues, we will take you through the best possible ways in which you can fix various Verizon problems on your own. You may also avail a faster and better help from Verizon Support when you find yourself unable to handle things on your own.
1. How To Fix Verizon Data Issues
When you are not able to browse websites using your Verizon phone or it does not show up the LTE signal, you should immediately follow some simple steps to fix the Verizon data issues.
• Check in the upper left corner of your iPhone or the upper middle portion of most of the Android phones for the LTE signals. If you do not see any bars, this indicates that you are not connected.
• The first thing you need to do is switch on the Airplane mode for at least 15 seconds and turn it off. If you are an iPhone user, then swipe up on the phone and open Control Center. Turn on the Airplane mode, hold on for few seconds and turn it off again.
• If this does not work, you may need to switch off your phone for about 30 seconds and turn it back on. This may now resolve the issues which remained unresolved earlier.
• In case, restarting your phone does not work, try to reset your network settings or update your carrier settings.
• In iPhone, go to “Settings”, select “General”, tap on “Reset” then on “Reset Network Settings”. This will reset your Bluetooth, cellular and Wi-Fi settings. For checking carrier updates, go to “Settings”, tap on “General” then on “About” and “Pop up”. This will inform you if there are any Carrier update settings available for you.
• For Android, go to “Settings”, tap on “Backup and Reset” and then on “Reset Network settings”. Complete the process by following further on-screen prompts.
2. How to Fix Verizon Phone Issues
When you are unable to receive or make calls on your Verizon phone, there may be something wrong with your phone settings. You may need to update the software or change the settings. Some resolving steps to fix up the Verizon phone issues are:
• Make sure that you have not turned on the “Do Not Disturb” mode.
• Pull out your SIM card from the phone and insert it back in. This could solve some issues on your phone.
• Check for your phone updates and install immediately if one is available.
• If everything fails, contact Verizon customer support or visit a nearby Verizon store.
3. How To Fix Verizon Texting Issues
When you are not able to send texts using your Verizon phone, there may be a Verizon texting issue. You can fix this issue by rebooting your phone. This is the very first thing you should do if you face any trouble in sending text messages from your Verizon phone.
• Switch off your phone for a few seconds.
• Remove the battery of your phone while it is switched off.
• After a few seconds, insert the battery again and switch your phone on.
• Check if now you are able to send text messages with your phone.
• If still, the problem persists then you can try removing your SIM and putting it back again.
4. How To Fix Verizon Voicemails Issues
Verizon offers both normal voicemails as well as visual voicemail. You may anytime run into trouble with either of the two services and can resolve some of them yourself.
• In case your voicemail indicator is not working, call voicemail on *86 using your phone. Go to the main menu and tap 4, then choose 1 to switch on the message waiting for the indicator.
• You can also change your Verizon Voicemail password with your PC or phone. Either you can log in to My Verizon account and set your new password or call on *611 from your phone, select 2 then 1 and change your Verizon voicemail password.
5. How to fix Verizon Billing Issues
If you are facing any billing issue with Verizon, the first thing you should do is obtain a better understanding of what exactly is wrong with your bill and why. You may get a complete explanation of this with the Verizon Customer Support.
You must call them and ask them about the extra charges and what are they imposed for. Once you get to know the exact reason for this, you can ask this customer representative for help. You must ask for the assistance and if they are not able to help you, you should politely hang up the phone and call them back later. If there is a genuine mistake in your data usage or there is a real billing issue, then you must get the right person on the line who is capable of helping you out.